Last December, I gifted myself with two items online. The first was a zippered project bag purchased from Faye at Carolina Stitcher. Not only does she make these great project bags but she also does "finishing" work that is to dye for. If you ever need inspiration on how to finish a project, just head over to Faye's blog!
At the same time, I also ordered a "necessaire" from the Victorian Motto shoppe. I ordered this and the project bag both in red so I could enjoy them during the Holidays but because they don't scream Christmas, I can continue using them into February. The necessaire came with all kinds of trims that I can use to finish off ornaments other projects.
When the necessaire arrived, I was just beginning "Holiday Patchwork" by Threadwork Primitives. I loved the Antique Turkey Red floss I had received from Victorian Motto and subbed that in for the mulberry that came with the pattern. I wanted it just a tad brighter.
Now that I've pulled the project out again, I'm debating whether to stay with straw bonnet for the snowflake or switch it out to oatmeal. It will lighten it just a tad without being white white.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and thank you for stopping by!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is always appreciated!