The design is a "re-deaux" of the Blackbird Design's "Buttons and Blooms". It comes as a kit complete with linen and threads and the box with the sweetest items inside ~ a tiny pair of scissors with it's own fob, an acorn pin cushion, thread wax in the shape of a heart as well as a small board to store your threads on. Last week I completed the stitching and then spent the weekend painting and finishing the box. It's small enough to fit inside my stitching basket to use as a portable stitching kit.
In that vein, I finished Be My Valentine by Shepherd's Bush, a WIP from a few years ago.
I also finished stitching the Be Mine stocking from Blackbird Designs. I'm not happy with the fabric I have in my stash at the moment so I'm going to wait before I finalize these two into pillows or ornaments.
And last but not least, some progress on BBD Christmas Garden. I'm actually working on two versions of this. Yes ~ I'm that obcessive at times! One is on a higher count linen because I like the look of it better but the other is on a more cream color of linen that I feel shows off the pinks and greens better. Yes ~ a bit obcessive I know but I've decided one will have the alphabet where the other will have Chrismas Garden stitched. Thank goodness I love muted pinks and greens!
Take care everyone!

beautiful stitching ♥
ReplyDeleteHi there Christine, I just read your comment on my blog and had to pop over to say hello. Then I got side tracked by your previous posts and oh my what beautiful stitching. I have stitched the stockings by BBD and they are lovely. I do like the drawn Thread one you have done and I shall have to get my chart kitted up. So much to do ,I have enough for 2 lifetimes more I think. Lovely to meet you and I hope you will visit me again.
ReplyDeleteSuch pretty finishes--I especially love the SB one with that pretty button :)
ReplyDeletePretty finishes! Love the BBD box finish!
ReplyDeletelove the BBD Christmas sampler.
ReplyDeleteHe is on my to do list too.
Have a nice weekend,
Evelyne
Great job! Very, very nice!
ReplyDelete