Three of these books have been on the bestseller lists for awhile but 3 others were new to me ~ Girl Under Water, A Man Called Ove and The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry. All were superb reading and if you haven't had the chance to read them, add them to your wish list!
As for stitching, I have been working on a project with the sampler group at my local EGA chapter. It's called Winter Strawberries Needleroll from Theron Traditions. When I first signed up, I was rather 'meh' about it all and then the kit arrived and I fell instantly in love with the colors.
The main portion is just about done. No matter what light I used, it does not do it justice as to the beautiful golden color of the fabrics.
The lettering for 'scissors' and 'needles' is done in smyrna and the background in avocado green is done in petit point. It really helps to show off the slight relief of the smyrna cross.
Here is a pic of what it will all look like in the end. I have started on the smalls that go inside and I'm hoping to have it done in the next two weeks so it can be on display at our chapter's table at the state fair.
What a wonderful project this is. I love Catherine Theron's designs very much. This will be a gorgeous needleroll. From the books you mention I only know Orphan Train and I loved reading it. The Girl On the Train is already on my wish list.
What a wonderful project this is. I love Catherine Theron's designs very much. This will be a gorgeous needleroll.
ReplyDeleteFrom the books you mention I only know Orphan Train and I loved reading it. The Girl On the Train is already on my wish list.