Above are the first 3 tubes I've made. I used plastic pvc pipes but I think cardboard tubes would be lighter if I decide to make more. The top one is wrapped with fabric and the bottom two are wrapped in felt. .
Here are the same 3 tubes again with a small project stored on the top one. The middle tube is storing a long-term large project and the bottom tube currently has 3 large pieces of linen waiting for future projects. Since I work "in hand", I think this will be a much better way to store the linen rather then folding in it up as I've done in the past.
I've also "finished" one of my stitched pieces into an ornament for Halloween.
This is Night Owl by Prairie Schooler and was in the JCS Halloween ornament issue a few years back? I used 32 ct belfast cream linen and DMC threads switching black for the dark brown.
The weather teased us last week with cool early mornings and evenings only to jump back up to 100 degrees this week. Hopefully our Indian Summer will end soon. I'm so in the mood for Fall!
I purchased two Drawn Thread patterns from Elegant Stitch last week and started in on one the moment it arrived. I think these patterns are even cuter in person!
This pattern is "Chillin" and while it called for the 'chestnut' color that you see in the back, I'll be using a piece of 32 ct 'natural' Belfast that I had in my stash.This is "Full Moon" and I couldn't wait to get started on it! I'm using a piece of 32 ct lt mocha that was also in my stash and changing up the thread colors a bit.
That's it for now ~ Happy Fall Stitching!
Love the "Chillin", will have to add to my wish list...good idea for rolling up your linen.
ReplyDeleteGood for you for caring for your linen in a better way--I need to get busy and do the same. Mine are just thrown into a cupboard! I just love your PS finish and the new DT pieces. I'm starting Full Moon this week, too (hopefully!)...
ReplyDelete