Saturday, August 24, 2013

WOW - That's a long time!

I admit that my focus has been elsewhere.  I really want to retire but have one year left.  My house needs to have at least half of it torn down to the ground and rebuilt but I'm scared to start.  My son is moving back home TEMPORARILY after a small glitch in his life so . . .  How to ease the mind?  Stitch and stitch some more.  Is there any better way?

Here are two summer finishes waiting to be 'finished-finished' . . . .
 This first one is the 2nd kit from the 2013 Ladies Prim Society.  I love the beautiful corals and greens with a touch of blue that were called for.  The design is Song of Spring and it's from Blackbird Designs.  I changed the colors on the "D, E, G and J" for my grandmother's initials and inserted her birth year 1896.  I love the prim yellow linen from R&R productions although I would have preferred it in 36 or 40 ct.  My tastes have really changed in the last few years where I prefer the look of a closer weave.    
My second finish this summer was Betsy's House from Plum Street Samplers. 
 I can't wait to have it framed. 
Not bad for a summer of procrastination!  Now to take on the house.  Take care.

3 comments:

  1. I hope life settles down for you. Beautiful finishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely Christine! I can commiserate with you on retirement yearnings..I'm about 2 years away. Originally was going to work longer but due to various reasons I've shortened the plan. One day at a time and it will get here sooner than you think! Hmmm...homes without A/C...hard to imagine to this desert-dweller LOL. I think even if I lived there I'd have to have at least a room air conditioner just in case! I hate being hot.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is always appreciated!