Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Four More Finishes & a Framing Question

I should be working on my house while I'm off for the summer but instead ~ I'm stitching!
I managed to finish up four pieces this week ~ 3 of which had been in my basket for at least a year. 
Gathering Basket by Blackbird Designs
32 ct platinum linen with crescent colour threads 
                    Joy to Ewe - a kit from Chessie & Me
32 ct vintage meadow linen with Belle Soie threads
LOVED working with the Belle Soie! 
Cottage Charm Stitcher's Pocket from Milady's Needle
40 ct Lakeside Pear linen using Belle Soie in Tortoise Shell

The 4th piece was a repeat ~ Prairie Schooler's Fall Fields Rabbit.
This next week will be a FINISH the finished pieces week ~ hopefully!  I just need to gather the materials for the Stitcher's Pocket.

Which leads me to the question about framing.  While I have done my own pieces in the past, I have one piece I really want to have professionally done so I'm curious as to what others do.  Do you go the route of JoAnn's or Michaels with the 50% off coupon OR do you pay more and go PRO all the way at a real framing establishment?  And if so, do you have them do the lacing on the back for you?  
Thanks in advance for any tips you can share with me.! 

Have a wonderful day everyone and stay as cool as you can!

4 comments:

  1. Your finishes are all so great, Christine--I don't blame you for wanting to stitch rather than work on the house at all. Believe me, I have a few neglected house projects around here that I keep ignoring in favor of stitching :)

    I've never had anything professionally framed, but I do hope to get my Christmas at Hawk Run Hollow framed this year. Will take it to a professional framer as I've heard mixed things about Joann's & Michaels. I think it all depends on the actual framer you get at those stores and you just never know... Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone I've talked to has said the same thing about Michaels and Joanns - it really does depend on the framer. If you have an LNS, I'd think about starting there first. If they don't do framing on their own, they'd be your best resource for recommending someone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Jennifer. I stick with my LNS and they do it all. They have a sale in January and May, if you're interested in sending it in. 20% off the total cost.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your finishes! They all look great! I usually send out my finishing to Jill for framing. I've heard mixed reviews about Michaels and Joanns so I think it depends on the location/framer. The LNS is an option or can at least give you a referral to a local framer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is always appreciated!