Saturday, July 23, 2011

Pincushion Caddy Done!

My first venture into Friday Night Sewing ended up going into Saturday afternoon. I love this pincushion caddy but I won't lie ~ it's wasn't fun to make. Fortunately, there's a wonderful woman named Melanie who did a pictorial on her blog of how she solved some of the problems on this project. Now that it's done, I can't wait to move forward on the remodel and have a studio where I can make good use of this while I cross stitch or do hand applique. The design and pattern are from Seams to Me by Anna Maria Horner. I checked out the book from the library and there are some really cute projects in it. One of the things I love best about summer is going to the library and actually having time to read and use the books I check out!






Below are some of the steps I went through. If you're wondering why there's a can of chili in the caddy at one point, it was used to retain the shape of the middle of the caddy as I stuffed it.

2 comments:

  1. I just popped over from Heidi's, that is a great idea, I will check it out, and it looks fab even if it was hard to make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute project, Christine! Sorry it wasn't fun to make, but the end result is great...(And as a librarian, I'm so happy you're making good use of your local library this summer!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is always appreciated!