Thursday, July 8, 2010

Summer Classes & Workshops

Each summer, I love taking classes & workshops to learn new things or to expand on what I already know. Tonight, I'm taking a class in beginning applique. I know I have too much fabric but I'm looking forward to trying fabric folding and making small pillows with the excess.

I swore I wouldn't buy any more scissors but these were only $3.99 and they cut better then some of my more expensive ones! Aren't they cute?

I spent the past weekend at The Institute of Mosaic Art in Oakland. I took a class in tempered glass (or 'crash glass' as some call it) from Ellen Blakely. She's a fabulous teacher and artist! We began with small coasters to try out the method.


We then moved on to mirror frames ~ Mine still needs some cleaning! Some people added costume pearls and gems and they were gorgeous but I forgot my camera.
We finished by adding mosaic to a broken piece of cement in order to consider all the surfaces we might try to cover in the future. I had previously done a bird in a lightweight concrete sculpture class at IMA and I plan to finish it off in this method.

1 comment:

  1. Christine, you have made some beautiful art objects, it must be nice to have so many talents!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is always appreciated!